Pecans Information and Supply
Enquire about our
Contact the Nuts Team
Nuts Product ListProduct List – Peanuts & Tree Nuts
Uren can supply pecans as part of our nuts range, packaged and delivered directly to you. Uren is a leading supplier of food ingredients to the manufacturing and foodservice industries in the UK, which means we can supply pecans in quantities to suit customer needs. We offer our pecans in a range of sizes, including:
- Mammoth pecans (200-250 halves per lb)
- Junior Mammoth pecans (251-300 halves per lb)
- Medium pecan pieces (551-650 halves per lb)
The pecan is a tree nut that is native to North America, it is also a member of the hickory family and closely related to the walnut. The pecan is produced mostly in the USA, which is the only place the pecan tree is naturally found, but pecans are also grown in other countries like Mexico and Argentina and South Africa.
Like the cashew, the pecan nut is named and referenced against a count per pound. The grades most common to Europe and the UK are whole junior mammoth halves, and the tertiary grades of medium, small, and midget pieces, although within the medium broken grade there are large-medium and small-medium available. Each size category is also determined by the number of halves of pecan per pound.
The pecan is an incredibly versatile ingredient that can be used in a wide variety of different products. Pecans have a delicious rich almost buttery flavour and a high number of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and healthy natural fats, making them incredibly popular for use in the health foods industry.
Uren’s pecans are sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers and are grown to industry standards. The pecan is usually grown in a grove (naturally grown trees), or orchard (trees that are hand planted by humans) of trees. It can take from 7-10 years for a pecan tree to produce a full supply of pecans, but it can then produce for a very long time, typically over a hundred years.
Pecans are usually harvested around October and November in the US, but earlier in the year from Argentina; around May and June. It can take upward of 6 months to grow completely. The pecan is ready to harvest when the green hulls split open on the pecan tree, dropping the nuts, still inside their shells, to the ground. When all of the pecans are collected, they are then taken back to the factory to be quality checked, graded, deshelled, and cut to size.
12 months from production
10kg carton – 2x5kg vacuum-sealed packs inside the carton
Minimum order quantity:
Uren’s pecans can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Foodservice – Our pecans can be packaged as they are and sold to wholesalers.
- Baked goods – Our pecans can be used in bakeries to make a variety of baked goods, they are commonly used in banana bread, cookies, cakes, muffins, apricot and pecan loaf, fruit loaf and fruit cakes, biscuits, Florentines, and brownies.
- Nut butter – Our pecans can be used to create pecan butter or pecan spread.
- Confectionary – Our pecans can be used in a range of confectionary items, they are commonly used in and as a topping on chocolate, in nougat bars, granola bars, fudge, and toffee.
- Desserts – pecans can be used in the production of a variety of desserts including pecan pie, ice cream, tarts, mousses, and cheesecake.
- Snack foods including snack packs and bars.
- Cereals such as granola and muesli, and cereal bars.
- Salads – pecans can also be used in salads as toppings, they are usually flavoured with spices and oils.
- Retailers and manufacturers – Our pecans can be re-packaged, bagged, re-branded, and sold in supermarkets and retail stores.
- Health food products – pecans are incredibly high in healthy natural fats, antioxidants, and protein. They, therefore, appeal to the health and fitness conscious and are used in a wide variety of health food products.
Uren can supply pecans in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of nuts, IQF fruit, and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our range of nuts and nut products, click here.