Uren: IQF Blackcurrant Information and Supply
Uren can provide individually quick frozen (IQF) blackcurrants packaged and delivered either direct to our customers or into a cold store for service deliveries. We supply IQF blackcurrants in a variety of sizes and grades to suit manufacturing needs, including:
- IQF Blackcurrant
- IQF Blackcurrant size 7-12mm
- IQF Blackcurrant size 12mm+
- Global Gap Certified
IQF blackcurrants have all the delicious, tart berry flavour, deep colour, texture, vitamins and nutrients of fresh blackcurrants but with the convenience and longer shelf life of a frozen product.
The blackcurrants are harvested in July, once they have reached optimum ripeness, ensuring the best quality flavor. They are then taken to washed, quality checked, size calibrated, graded and promptly frozen to ensure maximum freshness and the highest quality product.
Minimum Order Quantity
10kg cartons or 25kg sacks.
24 months from production.
Contact us today to discuss your business requirements and we are sure to provide you with the highest quality products at a competitive market price.
IQF Cultivated Blackberry application:
Our IQF blackcurrants can be used in a wide variety of manufacturing industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Baking – IQF Blackcurrants can be used in bakeries to produce cakes, biscuits, muffins, pastries, flapjacks, tarts, and pancakes.
- Desserts and puddings – They can be used to produce roulades, cheesecakes, mousses, trifles, pavlovas, gateau’s, and blackcurrant Bakewell.
- Pie manufacturing – fresh and frozen blackcurrant pies, tarts, crumbles, and strudel.
- Preserves, jam, coulis, sauce, puree, syrup, and compote.
- Dairy products – ice cream, sorbet, yoghurts, frozen yoghurts, and milkshakes.
- Cereal, cereal bars, porridge, and breakfast oats.
- Fruit snack packs – dried, frozen, and fresh.
- Foodservice – all our IQF blackcurrant products can be packaged as they are and sold to wholesalers.
- Retailers – our IQF blackcurrants can be re-packaged and sold in supermarkets or retail stores.
- Health and Natural food products – blackcurrants are full of nutrients and vitamins which have a range of health benefits that appeal to the health and fitness conscious. They are also naturally vegetarian, vegan, and organic.
- Non-alcoholic drinks – juices, cordial, teas and smoothies.
- Alcoholic drinks – IQF blackcurrants can be used in the production of flavoured beers, ciders, gins, wines, and liqueurs.
Uren can supply IQF Blackcurrants in volumes tailored to your business needs, at a competitive market price. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Fruits click here.