IQF Cranberries Information & Supply
Uren can provide both whole and sliced IQF cranberries, specifically grown, packaged and delivered to your requirements. Known for their high nutrient and antioxidant levels, IQF cranberries can be used in a variety of industries to create delicious tasting products. They offer all the sweet, fresh flavour colour and nutrients of the cranberry with the convenience of a frozen product.
Sourced from our expert, approved growers in Canada. They are all grown to meet industry standards. Harvest season is October-November with prices for the new season becoming available in late November. The cranberries are grown in fields and when they have reached their optimum ripeness, they are wet harvested. Wet harvesting involves flooding the fields, which makes the berries rise to the top as they can float. They are then collected using an inflatable tube that gathers the berries together, making the whole process quick and simple.
Both the whole and sliced cranberries are Individually Quick Frozen (IQF) shortly after being harvested. The cranberries are frozen quickly at extremely low temperatures to lock in all the flavour and nutrients of the fresh products and to prevent the formation of ice crystals, allowing the cranberries to retain their natural shape, size and flavour. This also stops them from rotting and allows them to have a longer shelf life and makes it easier for transportation. They’re great for using in food and drink production as large quantities can be grown, picked, delivered and stored for longer periods of time. IQF is great for small food products like berries as it means products are frozen separately, instead of in blocks, so the manufacturer can defrost the exact quantity they need each time.
Once they are picked, washed and quick frozen, they are quality checked and packed into cartons. They are thoroughly checked for any defects, which ensures you get the best quality products and allows for size consistency and uniformity, making them ideal for any products where identifiable fruit pieces are required.
After freezing the raspberries are packaged into 10-12kg lined cartons and palleted.
Minimum Order Quantity
one full pallet.
Minimum Order Quantity
We can supply IQF Raspberries in volumes tailored to your business needs.
24 months from production.
IQF Cranberry application
Our IQF cranberries can be used in many different food and drink manufacturing industries, in a variety of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Sauces and condiments – ideal for creating cranberry sauce and jelly, especially popular at Thanksgiving and Christmas time.
- Desserts – whether they are used to mix into a dessert or simply as a garnish, IQF cranberries are often used in the production of desserts like mousses, cheesecakes and tarts.
- Baking – cakes, flapjacks, muffins, pastries and bread, our IQF cranberries can be used in the production of many delicious bakery items.
- Cereals and cereal bars, snack packs and fruit bars/packs.
- Food manufacturing – cranberries are often used in the production of stuffing, sausages, festive snacks and sandwiches.
- Dairy products – yoghurts or frozen yoghurts, milkshakes and even cheese. Cranberries can be added to dairy products to create new delicious flavours.
- Drinks – IQF cranberries can be used in juices, smoothies, flavoured water and flavoured alcohols like gin, beer and wine.
- They are also ideal for freeze drying to put into snacks packs, cereals and to be used as a garnish.
For more information on our IQF Fruit products click here.