IQF Mango information and supply
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) mango as part of our IQF fruit range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF mango in a variety of cuts and sizes to suit manufacturing and food service needs, including:
- Hand cut chunks
- Tommy Atkins
Sourced from our expert growers in Central America, South America, Vietnam, India, and Thailand, our IQF mango is of the highest quality and grown to industry standards. Mango is a juicy stone fruit native to India, but popular throughout the world and is commonly used in fruit salads, desserts, tarts, and to make mango chutney.
Worldwide, there are several hundred cultivars of mango, and the size, shape, sweetness, skin colour, and flesh colour all vary depending on the cultivar. All the mango varieties we supply are very similar in taste once processed and cut; however, the Indian material is much softer in texture.
IQF mango has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh mango but with a much longer shelf life which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF mango is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in Thailand, Mexico, India, Vietnam, South America, and North America and is grown to industry standards.
The crop in Mexico is harvested in February, crop in India is harvested in August, crop in Vietnam and Thailand start to be harvested in September, and crop in Peru starts to be harvested in November. This means Uren can supply IQF mango year-round.
When the mango has been harvested, it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, peeled, washed, and diced according to customer requirements. The mango is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals to lock in flavour, freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF mango applications
Uren’s IQF mango can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Pre-packaged salads and fruit salads.
- Retail packs – IQF mango can be dried and sold retail packed in dried fruit snack packs.
- Mango chutney, jams, and pickles.
- Food service – Our IQF mango can be packaged as they are and sold to wholesalers as both a fresh and frozen product.
- Desserts – Uren’s IQF mango can be used to create a range of desserts including cheesecakes, sponge cakes, sorbet, pavlova, tarts, and pannacotta.
- Sauces, salsa, puree’s, and coulis.
- Dairy products – yoghurts, ice cream, frozen yoghurt, and milkshakes.
- Non-alcoholic beverages – smoothies, flavoured water, fruit juices, and squash.
- Alcoholic beverages – Uren’s IQF mango can be used to flavour alcoholic beverages such as beer, cider, wine, gin, and other spirits
Uren can supply IQF mango in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF fruits, click here.