IQF Apricot Information and Supply
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) apricot as part of our IQF fruit range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF apricot in a range of cuts and sizes to suit manufacturing and food service needs, including:
- Conventional halves
- Conventional 10mm diced
- Global gap certified halves
- Global gap certified 10mm diced
Apricot is a juicy stone fruit sourced from Greece, China, and Morocco, but is also grown in other places throughout the world to a lesser extent. A small-golden orange coloured fruit with velvety skin, and a sweet, slightly tart flavour, apricots are often used in fruit salads and yoghurts, to create apricot jam, flavour liqueurs, and sold dried or canned. They are also a great source of vitamin A, C, potassium, and fibre.
IQF apricot has the same delicious taste, velvety texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh apricot but with a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF apricot is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in China, Morocco, and Greece and is of the highest quality.
Apricot is usually harvested from early June to late July and is usually either handpicked or picked using a harvester. When the apricot has been harvested, it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, destoned, and cut to size according to customer requirements. The apricot is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals, lock in flavour, freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF Apricot application
Uren’s IQF apricot can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Retail packs – IQF apricot can be dried and sold packaged in dried apricot or other dried fruit snack packs.
- Pre-packaged fruit salads.
- Desserts – Uren’s IQF apricot can be used in a range of desserts including cheesecakes, sponge cakes, jelly, fruit cake, pavlova, tarts, pastries, and crumble.
- Jams, chutney, and marmalade.
- Dairy products –ice cream, yogurt, frozen yoghurt, and milkshakes.
- Foodservice – Our IQF apricot can be packaged as they are or canned and sold to wholesalers as both a fresh and frozen product.
- Non-alcoholic beverages – fruit juice, smoothies, flavoured water, and squash.
- Alcoholic beverages – IQF apricot can be used to flavour beer, wine, cider, gin, and liqueurs.
Uren can supply IQF apricot in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF fruits, click here.