Frozen Bilberry Information and Supply
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) Bilberry as part of our IQF fruit range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF Bilberry to suit manufacturing and food service needs. Bilberry is also known as the European blueberry and grows on low shrubs. The bilberry is known to have a stronger taste compared to it’s mild American cousin. IQF Bilberry has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh Bilberry but with a much longer shelf life which maximises its convenience. Our IQF Bilberry is of the highest quality and grown to industry standards.
Uren’s IQF Bilberry is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers and is grown to industry standards.
When the Bilberry has been harvested, it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, , washed, and packed. The Bilberry is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals to lock in flavour, freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF Bilberry applications
Uren’s IQF Bilberry can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Pre-packaged salads and fruit salads.
- Food service –
- Desserts – Uren’s IQF Bilberry can be used to create a range of desserts including cheesecakes, sponge cakes, sorbet, pavlova, tarts, and pannacotta.
- Sauces, salsa, puree’s, and coulis.
- Dairy products – yoghurts, ice cream, frozen yoghurt, and milkshakes.
- Non-alcoholic beverages – smoothies, flavoured water, fruit juices, and squash.
- Alcoholic beverages – Uren’s IQF Bilberry can be used to flavour alcoholic beverages such as beer, cider, wine, gin, and other spirits
Uren can supply IQF Bilberry in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF fruits, click here.