IQF Jackfruit Information and Supply
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) jackfruit as part of our IQF fruit range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF jackfruit in a variety of cuts and sizes to suit manufacturing and food service needs, including:
- IQF Young jackfruit chunks
- Pre-cooked Jackfruit in pouches
Sourced from our expert suppliers in Thailand, our IQF jackfruit is of the highest quality and is grown to industry standards. Jackfruit is part of the fig family and is widely cultivated throughout the tropical regions of the world. The ripened fruit has a sweet flavour and is commonly used in desserts, sauces, and frozen meals. Immature or unripened jackfruit has a neutral taste which tends to take on the flavour of whatever seasoning is added to it and has a similar texture and consistency to pork and chicken, so it is commonly used in vegetarian and vegan meals as a meat substitute, for example, vegan pulled pork.
Jackfruit is used throughout the world but is commonly used in South and Southeast Asian cuisines, where they mix the jackfruit with different spices to add heat to the food. IQF jackfruit has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh jackfruit but with a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience
Jackfruit is harvested in the summer and fall depending on its ripeness. Our BRC accredited suppliers in Thailand can provide IQF jackfruit year-round.
When the jackfruit has been harvested, it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, peeled, washed, and diced according to customer requirements. The jackfruit is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals to lock in flavour, freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 pallet
IQF jackfruit applications
Uren’s IQF jackfruit can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Pre-packaged salads and fruit salads.
- Vegan and vegetarian dishes –IQF jackfruit can be used in a range of vegan and vegetarian dishes thanks to its chicken and pork like consistency. The jackfruit is commonly used in dishes like vegan pulled pork, vegan jerk chicken, vegan chicken pot pie, vegan fried chicken, vegan curry, and vegan chilli.
- Pizza – jackfruit is commonly used as a pizza topping to replace meaty toppings like pork and chicken.
- Ready meals – IQF jackfruit can be used as a key ingredient in a range of both fresh and frozen meals such as curry, stew, pulled ‘pork’ burgers, shawarma, enchiladas, tacos, and quesadillas.
- Healthy foods – IQF jackfruit is rich in nutrients such as protein and carbohydrates, vitamins C, minerals, and folate, but it is also low in calories so it is popular for use in healthy foods and as a healthier alternative to some meats.
- Desserts – ripe jackfruit is naturally sweet and is often used in a variety of desserts such as cheesecake, custards, mousse, cakes, ice cream, and muffins.
Uren can supply IQF jackfruit in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF fruits, click here.