IQF Redcurrants Information and Supply
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) redcurrant as part of our IQF fruit range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF redcurrant in a variety of calibrations to suit manufacturing and food service needs, including:
- Large calibration
- Small calibration
Our IQF redcurrant are of the highest quality and grown to industry standards. Redcurrants are popular throughout the world and is commonly used in fruit salads, desserts, tarts, and to make redcurrant jam. Frozen redcurrant have the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh redcurrant but with a much longer shelf life which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF redcurrant is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers and are grown to industry standards.
When the redcurrant have been harvested, they are taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, washed, and sized according to customer requirements. The redcurrant is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals to lock in flavour, freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF redcurrant applications
Uren’s IQF redcurrant can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Pre-packaged salads and fruit salads.
- Retail packs
- Redcurrant chutney, jams, and pickles.
- Food service
- Desserts – Uren’s IQF redcurrant can be used to create a range of desserts including cheesecakes, sponge cakes, sorbet, pavlova, tarts, and pannacotta.
- Sauces, salsa, puree’s, and coulis.
- Dairy products – yoghurts, ice cream, frozen yoghurt, and milkshakes.
- Non-alcoholic beverages – smoothies, flavoured water, fruit juices, and squash.
- Alcoholic beverages – Uren’s IQF redcurrant can be used to flavour alcoholic beverages such as beer, cider, wine, gin, and other spirits
Uren can supply IQF redcurrant in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF fruits, click here.