IQF Bamboo Shoots Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List 2020 - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can supply individually quick frozen (IQF) bamboo shoots packaged and delivered either directly or into a cold store for service deliveries. We can supply IQF bamboo shoots in a variety of sizes to suit manufacturing needs, including:
- IQF Bamboo Sliced
- IQF Bamboo Julienne
Bamboo shoots or bamboo sprouts are the edible shoots of many bamboo species including Bambusa vulgaris and Phyllostachys edulis. Part of the grass family, they have a mild yet distinctive flavour, a crunchy texture and are often used as vegetables in a variety of Asian dishes and broths. Bamboo shoots are an excellent source of potassium, are extremely low-calorie and are rich in vitamins and minerals, making them a great addition to many healthy dishes.
IQF bamboo shoots have the same delicious flavour, crunchy texture, creamy colour and nutrient profile of fresh bamboo shoots, but with the convenience and longer shelf life of a frozen product.
Sourced from our expert, accredited growers in China, our IQF bamboo is premium quality and grown to industry standards. The harvest season is from July to September. The bamboo shoots are harvested when they reach around one foot tall to ensure the best taste and texture. They are then quickly transported to the factory to be washed, thoroughly inspected for defects and cut to size. The bamboo shoots are then rapidly frozen at extremely low temperatures to ensure maximum freshness, flavour and a free-flowing product.
Shelf life: 24 months from production
Packaged in 10kg cartons.
Minimum order quantity: 1 pallet.
IQF Bamboo shoots application:
Uren’s IQF bamboo shoots can be used in a wide variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF bamboo shoots can be used in the production of both fresh and frozen ready meals. They are particularly popular in Asian dishes including stir-fry, curry, stew and ramen.
- Soups and broths – both fresh and canned.
- Chinese and Oriental snack foods/side dishes – bamboo shoots are often used inside dumplings, dim sum, spring rolls, prawn balls and steamed buns.
- Vegan and vegetarian meals – bamboo shoots are often used in a variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes to add flavour and texture.
- Health foods – bamboo shoots are rich in vitamins and minerals and are a great source of potassium. It is a highly prized vegetable in Asian cuisine and is ranked among the five most popular healthcare foods in the world. It can, therefore, be used to create a variety of health food products, and low calorie/weight loss dishes.
Uren can supply IQF bamboo shoots in volumes tailored to your business needs, at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables, click here.