IQF Ginger Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List 2020 - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) ginger as part of our IQF vegetable range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK, which means we can source IQF ginger in quantities to suit manufacturing and foodservice needs. We can provide IQF ginger in a variety of formats, including:
- IQF ginger julienne
- IQF ginger diced
- IQF ginger puree
Ginger is a flowering plant closely related to turmeric, galangal, and cardamom. Ginger originates from Southeast Asia but is popular around the world for use in food and its medicinal properties. Ginger has a hot, zesty flavour that also has a hint of sweetness. It is one of the healthiest and most popular spices in the world and is often used to flavour soups, stir-fry, sauces, confectionery, baked goods, and beverages.
IQF ginger has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh ginger but has a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF ginger is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in China and is grown to industry standards.
Ginger is grown all year round and takes around 10 – 12 months to fully grow and be ready for harvest. Ginger is usually harvested from late winter to early spring. When the ginger has been harvested it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, and cut to size according to customer requirements. The ginger is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals, lock in freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 pallet
IQF ginger application
Uren’s IQF ginger can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF ginger can be used as a key ingredient in a range of both fresh and frozen ready meals such as stir fry, noodles, chicken kebabs, ginger chicken, satay pork, char sui, chow mein, Thai curry, orange chicken, and a variety of other Asian dishes.
- Non-alcoholic beverages – Ginger is commonly used to flavour ginger beer, iced tea, ginger tea, ginger juice and cordial, carrot juice, health drinks, and smoothies.
- Sauces – Uren’s IQF ginger can be used in a range of sauces, typically used in Asian cuisines. Some of these sauces are Thai green curry sauce, stir-fry sauces, Szechuan sauce, ginger sauce, and sesame sauce.
- Alcoholic beverages – Uren’s IQF ginger can also be used to flavour a range of alcoholic beverages including rum, vodka, gin, wine, whiskey, ginger ale, cocktails, and bourbon.
- Baking – Ginger is commonly used in bakeries to create carrot cake, gingerbread, biscuits, lemon and ginger drizzle cake, flapjacks, ginger cake, brownies, cheesecake, pies, crumbles, and scones.
- Soups and broths.
- Jam, chutney, and marmalade.
- Pre-packaged salads.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes – Uren’s IQF ginger is commonly used in vegan and vegetarian dishes to add spice and flavour.
- Confectionery – ginger is often used to flavour a range of confectionery including boiled sweets, chocolate, gummies, and toffee.
- Health foods – ginger is known worldwide for its medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects and is highly effective against nausea. It is therefore used in a range of health foods and health products.
Uren can supply IQF ginger in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables, click here.