IQF Lemongrass Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List 2020 - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) lemongrass as part of our IQF vegetable range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK, which means we can source IQF lemongrass in a range of sizes to suit manufacturing and foodservice needs including:
- IQF milled lemongrass
Lemongrass is a plant belonging to the grass family and is closely related to bamboo and wheat plants. Lemongrass originates in Thailand and is central to Asian cuisine but also works well in Wester dishes too. Lemongrass has a sweet lemon-like flavour and is commonly used in dishes such as stir-fry’s, sauces, and soups.
IQF lemongrass has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh lemongrass but has a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF lemongrass is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in Thailand and is grown to industry standards.
Lemongrass is usually harvested around late winter to early spring. When the lemongrass has been harvested it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, and cut to size. The lemongrass is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals, lock in freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 pallet
IQF lemongrass application
Uren’s IQF lemongrass can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF lemongrass can be used in a range of both fresh and frozen meals to create dishes such as stir-fry, fried rice, curry, Vietnamese chicken, and fishcakes.
- Soups and broths – IQF lemongrass can be used in a range of soups and broths like meatball soup, chicken soup, Thai noodle soup, beetroot and coconut soup, and chicken broth.
- Salads – Uren’s IQF lemongrass is perfect in or as a garnish on pre-packaged salads.
- Vegan and Vegetarian dishes – Uren’s IQF lemongrass is commonly used in vegan and vegetarian dishes to add flavour.
- Non-alcoholic beverages – lemongrass can be used to add flavour to a range of non-alcoholic drinks such as juices, smoothies, herbal teas, iced tea, and lemongrass.
- Alcoholic beverages – lemongrass can be used to flavour alcoholic beverages including cocktails, gin, vodka, and wine.
Uren can supply IQF lemongrass in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables click here.