IQF Asparagus Information & Supply
Uren can supply the highest quality individual quick frozen Asparagus, packaged and delivered either direct to our customers or into a cold store for service deliveries. We can provide IQF Asparagus in a range of cuts and sizes to suit a variety of needs, including:
· Whole IQF Asparagus
· IQF Asparagus Cuts
· IQF Asparagus Tips
· IQF Asparagus Cuts and Tips
· Canned Whole Asparagus
· Canned Asparagus Cuts and Tips
Sourced from our expert growers in Peru and China our IQF Asparagus is the best quality and grown to industry standards. Known for its unique earthy flavour, crisp texture, high vitamin, and antioxidant levels, this low-fat, low-calorie vegetable can be used in a variety of applications to create delicious tasting products. IQF Asparagus offers all the fresh flavour, colour, nutrients and vitamins of fresh asparagus but with the convenience and longer shelf life of a frozen product.
Asparagus is a member of the lily family and is planted, grown and harvested at different times throughout the year depending on the origin. Harvesting seasons are April to the end of June and October to the end of December.
Asparagus spears are harvested in the field once they reach a height of between 5 to 9 inches. Farmers go up and down the fields snapping all the sprouted spears. They are then quickly transferred to the factory where they are washed, cut to the correct size and individually quick frozen.
The whole asparagus, cuts, and tips are rapidly frozen at very low temperatures, preventing the formation of ice crystals, which means they remain free-flowing, making them ideal for any products which require identifiable asparagus pieces. After freezing the product is thoroughly inspected for defects or blemishes, metal detected and then packaged and stored at -18°C, ready to be sent out to customers or cold stores.
24 months from production
IQF Asparagus is packaged in 10kg or 15kg cases. Canned Asparagus is packaged in 6x3kg cans
Minimum Order Quantity
IQF Asparagus Application
Our IQF Asparagus can be used in a wide variety of manufacturing industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
· Ready meals – whole asparagus, cuts, and tips can all be used in pre-made meals such as casseroles, pasta, risotto, stir-fries, and pies to name just a few.
· Salads and vegetable side dishes.
· Soups and sauces.
· For fillings or toppings on quiches and pies.
· Health foods – asparagus is low calorie, low fat, full of nutrients such as Vitamin K and folate, and is a great source of antioxidants. This makes it ideal for use in healthy, natural and vegan food and drink products.
· Retail packed – all our asparagus products can be simply re-packaged and sold as they are. Uren can supply IQF Asparagus in volumes tailored to your business needs. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements and we will provide you with the highest quality products at a competitive market price. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables click here.