IQF Courgettes Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List 2020 - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can supply individually quickly frozen (IQF) courgettes as part of our IQF vegetable range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location whether it be directly or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF courgettes in a variety of sizes to suit manufacturing needs including:
- Half moon
- 10mm diced
- 20mm diced
- 10mm and 20mm grilled dice
The courgette, otherwise known as zucchini, is a summer squash which can grow to nearly a meter in size but are usually harvested when around a quarter of a metre long. The courgette is thought to have originated in the Americas around the 16th century. In a culinary context, the courgette is treated as a vegetable and is usually cooked and presented as a savoury dish or accompaniment, but the courgette is thought of as a fruit as it comes from a flower.
Courgettes are often used in soup dishes, salads, are often pickled and are the main ingredient in the French dish, ratatouille. Courgettes are also a popular ingredient in vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and health food dishes as they have a low number of calories and low-fat contents. They are often cut into spirals and used as a low-carbohydrate substitute for pasta or noodles.
IQF courgettes have the same delicate flavour, colour, texture, and nutrients as a fresh courgette, but they have a much longer shelf life which maximises their convenience.
Uren’s courgettes are sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers and are grown to industry standards. The courgette is grown from a flower and can either be a golden yellow colour or a dark green. When growing the courgette, the seeds are usually placed between 3 and 5 feet apart to stop the roots and plants from combining, the courgette is usually grown to around 4.5 inches long before being harvested. When the courgette is harvested, it is taken to the factory to be washed, quality checked and cut to size. The courgette pieces are then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to lock in freshness and ensure they remain free flowing.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF courgette application
Uren’s IQF courgettes can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF courgettes can be used as a key ingredient in a range of both fresh and frozen ready meals such as hotpot, casserole, curry, cassoulet, stew, pasta, and ratatouille.
- Soups and sauces.
- Pies and quiches.
- Pickles – IQF courgettes can be pickled and sold in jars.
- Baked goods – IQF courgettes can be used to make healthy cakes such as courgette muffins and courgette/zucchini bread.
- Health foods – IQF courgettes are rich in nutrients such as iron and calcium, vitamins such as vitamin B-6, A, D, and C, minerals, and proteins and are thought to have a number of health benefits. Courgettes are often cut with a spiraliser to make courgette noodles or spaghetti, which make a great low-carbohydrate substitute in diet foods and weight loss meals.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes – IQF courgettes contain a lot of healthy vitamins and nutrients and are incredibly versatile so are often used to create vegan and vegetarian dishes such as stuffed courgettes, courgette fritters, vegetarian lasagne, and tempura.
Uren can supply IQF courgettes in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables click here.