IQF Garlic Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List 2020 - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) garlic as part of our IQF vegetable range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK, which means we can source IQF garlic in a range of sizes to suit manufacturing and food service needs, including:
- Garlic puree
- Garlic cloves
- Garlic diced
Garlic is a vegetable that belongs to the allium family and is closely related to the onion, shallot, leek, chive, and spring onion. Garlic has been consumed for thousands of years and is popularly used as a seasoning because of its strong flavour.
Eaten raw, the garlic has a strong, pungent taste but when cooked, the flavour mellows and sweetens slightly. Garlic also has many great health benefits, ranging from lowering cholesterol to helping defend against heart attacks or coronary heart disease.
IQF garlic has the same strong taste and aroma, crunchy texture, great health benefits, and nutrients as fresh garlic but with a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF garlic is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in China and is grown to industry standards.
Garlic is usually harvested by hand around early August to late September. When the garlic has been harvested it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, peeled, quality checked, and cut to size. The garlic is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals to lock in flavour, freshness and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF garlic application
Uren’s IQF garlic can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF garlic can be used as a key ingredient in a range of both fresh and frozen ready meals such as pasta, quiche, chicken tray bakes, stir fry, casserole, and garlic mushrooms.
- Bread – garlic is often used to flavour bread and bread products such as garlic bread, bruschetta, and crostini.
- Soups and broths.
- Sauces, dips, and purees – garlic is commonly used as a flavouring in a range of sauces such as garlic mayonnaise, aioli, garlic dip, tzatziki, pre-made pasta sauce, and many others.
- Garlic oil and garlic butter.
- Healthy food – IQF garlic is rich in nutrients such as vitamin C and B6, and manganese and is incredibly low in calories whilst being packed with flavour. Garlic also has a wide range of health benefits like lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, and the chances of heart attack, so it is a popular addition to healthy foods.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes – Garlic is often used to season a wide range of vegan and vegetarian dishes due to its strong and delicious flavour.
Uren can supply IQF garlic in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF vegetables, click here.