IQF Green Beans Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can supply individually quick frozen (IQF) green beans, packaged and delivered directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries as part of our IQF vegetable range. Uren is a leading IQF food supplier in the UK and this means we can source and provide IQF green beans in a range of sizes to suit manufacturers and foodservice needs, including:
- Whole IQF green beans
- IQF green beans ½ inch cut
Green beans are the young or immature pods of the runner bean, also commonly known as string beans or French beans. They have a delicious flavour and crunchy texture and are incredibly low-calorie. They are a great plant-based source of protein, fibre, folate, vitamin C, and vitamin K.
Green beans are eaten all around the world and are sold canned, fresh, or frozen. They can be eaten raw, cooked, steamed, boiled, stir-fried, or baked and are commonly used in dishes such as soups, stews, stir-fry, and casseroles.
IQF green beans have the same great taste, green colour, crunchy texture, great health benefits, and nutrients as fresh green beans but with a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF green beans are sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in Europe and are grown to industry standards.
Green beans are commonly harvested from early May to late June and are handpicked from the plant. When the green beans have been harvested, they are taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, and cut to size. The green bean is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals to lock in freshness and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 12kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 pallet
IQF green bean application
Uren’s IQF green beans can be used in a variety of manufacturing and food service industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF green beans can be used in a range of both fresh and frozen meals such as pasta, stew, casseroles, stir-fry, curry, and hotpot.
- Pre-packaged salads.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes – IQF green beans are a great source of plant-based protein, and are rich in many essential nutrients, making them the perfect addition to vegetarian and vegan dishes.
- Healthy food – IQF green beans are rich in nutrients such as fibre and folate, and vitamins such as vitamin A, K, B6, and C, and they are also incredibly low in calories, making them a great addition to health foods, diet, and weight loss dishes.
- Side dishes – IQF green beans are commonly used as a side dish to many meals and go well with chicken, fish, pork, beef, and pies.
- Soups and broths.
Uren can supply IQF green beans in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables click here.