IQF Kale Information and Supply
Enquire about our
Contact the IQF Vegetables Team
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) kale as part of our IQF vegetable range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF kale in a range of sizes to suit manufacturers and foodservice needs, including:
- 12mm x 12mm
- 24mm x 36mm
Kale is a vegetable that is part of the cabbage family but is also closely related to the cauliflower, broccoli, collard greens, and brussels sprouts. Kale is known for its deep dark green or purple curly leaves, its mild earthy taste, and crunchy texture. Known as a ‘superfood’ kale is one of the healthiest and most nutritious plant foods in existence and it can be eaten both raw and cooked.
IQF kale has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh kale but with a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF kale is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in Germany, who we have many years’ experience working with.
Kale is harvested from early August to late September and is usually handpicked. When the kale has been harvested it is taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, and cut to size. The kale is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals, locking in freshness and ensuring a free-flowing product.
24 months from production
Minimum order quantity:
IQF kale applications
Uren’s IQF kale can be used in a variety of manufacturing and food service industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF kale can be used in both fresh and frozen ready meals to create dishes such as pasta, risotto, quiche, chicken tray bakes, pies, stir fry, stew, and curry.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes – kale is a great plant-based source of many essential nutrients and vitamins, making it popular for use in vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- Salads – Uren’s IQF kale is perfect for pre-packaged salads.
- Healthy food – IQF kale is rich in nutrients such as iron and calcium, vitamins such as vitamin A, K, B, and C, minerals, folate, and antioxidants, and it is also incredibly low fat. Kale is low in calories and high in nutrients, making it one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, so is incredibly popular in health foods, diet, and weight loss products.
- Pizza – Uren’s IQF kale is the perfect ingredient for pizza whether it be as a topping to add flavour or used in vegan pizza dough to add texture and flavour.
- Soups and broths.
- Kale chips or crisps.
- Sauces and dips.
- Fruit juices and smoothies – Uren’s IQF kale can be used in smoothies and fruit juices to provide great health benefits.
Uren can supply IQF kale in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF Vegetables, click here.