IQF Leek Information and Supply
IQF Vegetables Product ListProduct List 2020 - IQF Herbs & Vegetables
Uren can provide individually quickly frozen (IQF) leek as part of our IQF vegetable range, packaged and delivered to your choice of location, whether it be directly, or to a cold store for service deliveries. Uren is a leading supplier of IQF foods in the UK which means we can source IQF leek in a variety of sizes to suit manufacturing and food service needs, including:
- IQF Diced leek
- IQF Sliced leek
Leek is a vegetable that belongs to the allium family and is closely related to the onion, shallot, garlic, chive, and spring onion. Recognisable by the white and green stalk, they have their own distinct flavour, which is quite harsh and sharp when raw, but when cooked has a very delicate, mild onion-like taste, with a hint of sweetness. They go well with potatoes, chicken, and cheese, and are popularly known for their use in leek and potato soup, and potato and leek gratin.
IQF leek has the same great taste, texture, health benefits, and nutrients as fresh leek but with a much longer shelf life, which maximises its convenience.
Uren’s IQF leek is sourced from our BRC accredited suppliers in Poland and is grown to industry standards.
Leeks are often harvested from around early spring to late summer and is handpicked when ready to harvest. When the leeks have been harvested, they are taken back to the factory to be cleaned, quality checked, and cut to size. The leek is then individually quick frozen at incredibly low temperatures to prevent the formation of ice crystals, lock in freshness, and ensure a free-flowing product.
Shelf Life: 24 months from production
Packaging: 10kg carton
Minimum order quantity: 1 Pallet
IQF leek application
Uren’s IQF leek can be used in a variety of manufacturing and foodservice industries to create a range of different products. These include, but are not limited to:
- Ready meals – IQF leek can be used in both fresh and frozen ready meals to create a range of dishes such as pasta, chicken tray bakes, casserole, stews, hotpot, leek and potato gratin, and risotto.
- Soups and broths such as leek and potato, minestrone, and cock-a-leekie soup.
- Pies, pasties, tarts, and quiche.
- Pre-packaged salads.
- Vegetarian and vegan dishes – leeks go well with a wide variety of different flavours and are a great plant-based source of protein, manganese, and fibre, making them ideal for use in vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- Healthy food – leeks are nutrient-dense, rich in vitamins A, K, and C, and a great source of water and fibre, helping to promote feelings of fullness. They are also incredibly low in calories, so they are a popular addition to health and diet foods.
Uren can supply IQF leek in volumes tailored to your business needs at a competitive market price. As leading suppliers of IQF fruit and vegetables throughout the UK, we have years of experience sourcing and delivering high-quality products to a variety of industries. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and our friendly team of experts will be more than happy to help. To find out more about our IQF vegetables, click here.