Nuts Product ListProduct List 2022 – Peanuts & Tree Nuts
Uren is one of the leading suppliers of roasted peanuts in the UK, and we can supply roasted peanuts to suit a variety of manufacturing needs.
Peanuts are vegan, gluten-free, and high in fibre, vitamins, and nutrients. They are incredibly versatile, with countless applications in foodservice and manufacturing, including ready-to-eat dishes, bakery products, icings/fillings, confectionery coatings, snack bars, meal replacement shakes or smoothies, protein powders for baking or cooking use.
Sourcing the best peanuts globally
Peanuts are grown in more than 40 countries worldwide in the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
The principal growing areas are China, the USA, Argentina, Brazil, Myanmar, India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Senegal, and Sudan. Uren sources peanuts from BRC accredited suppliers throughout the world.
Roasting peanuts adds a flavour boost
There are several ways to roast peanuts, but the most common is hot air roasting. Like a fan oven in your kitchen, large-scale industrial roasters use slow-moving belts to transport the peanuts through the ovens at a set speed to ensure an even roast. Vertical roasters can also be used where many floors open and drop the peanuts onto the next, while heat rises and roasts them.
Light, Medium or Dark roasted peanuts
Depending on the belt speed and the temperature of the roasters, several colour roasts, light, medium, dark, extra dark, can be achieved.
Each offers a different flavour profile and can significantly change how your product tastes. During this process, the moisture evaporates from the peanuts resulting in a crunchier texture and darker colour.
The roasting process creates a reaction between the sugars and amino acids, changing the flavour. When you roast a peanut with skin, although risky as the skins can start to flake and risk fire, the boost in flavour is undoubtedly worth the risk.
Uren offers a range of products from roasted unblanched (with skin), roasted blanched, and roasted 2-6mm chopped or nibbed peanuts in varied pack formats.
Products we can offer:
- Roasted Whole Blanched Peanuts
- Unsalted roasted peanuts
- Roasted Split Blanched Peanuts
- Roasted Whole Unblanched Peanuts
- Roasted Split Unblanched Peanuts
- Roasted Blanched Nibbed/chopped Peanuts (2-6mm)
Our roasted peanuts can be used in various manufacturing industries to create a range of different products. Our customers commonly include:
- Peanut butter manufactures
- Snack Bar manufacturers
- Pub snack manufacturers
- Cereal manufacturers
The nibbed/chopped peanuts add uniformity and a visually appealing look to cereals, snack bars and add 'crunch' to peanut butter.
Applications for roasted peanuts include but are not limited to:
- Peanut butter – roasted peanuts are used to make both smooth and crunchy peanut butter.
- Baking – roasted peanut flour can be used to create gluten-free and low-fat cakes, biscuits, flapjacks, and bread. Other roasted peanut products can be added to cake, biscuit, pastry and bread mixes for flavour, texture or placed on top as a garnish.
- Snacks – roasted peanuts are ideal for nut mixes, snack bars, snack packs, or honey-roasted peanuts.
- Confectionary – they are great for creating peanut brittle, chocolate peanuts, and inside chocolate bars.
- Cereal and cereal bars.
- Ready meals – such as stir-fries, noodle dishes, rice dishes, curries, and as a garnish on ready-made salads.
- Sauces – nibs can be added to sauces or create satay sauce. Peanut flour can also be used to thicken sauces.
- Peanut oil - popular with confectioners, bakers and chefs.
- Health foods – protein bars, protein powder, natural label, low fat, and gluten-free products.
- Drinks – smoothies and milkshakes.
- Retail packed – they can also be simply packaged and sold as they are.
Minimum Order Quantity
As Uren keeps UK stockholding, MOQ can be as little as one pallet (1,250kg). Other products which may not be in UK stock will require a full container volume of 25 metric tonnes.
25kg bags, tote sacks (big bags) of 950kg, 1,000kg, and 1,250kg depending on the origin of supply.
Two years from manufacture production date
Uren can supply roasted peanuts in volumes suited to your business needs. Contact us today to discuss your business requirements, and we will be sure to provide you with the highest quality products at a competitive market price. To find out more about our Nut products, click here.