Home-Made Valentines Day Meal Recipes
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, so we have put together some simple recipes to make a delicious home-made meal for that special someone this Valentine’s. There is something for everyone including a delicious vegan main, gluten-free cake for dessert and even a fancy non-alcoholic cocktail. Make this delicious meal for your loved one to really show you care – perfect if you’ve forgotten to pick up a gift because after eating this, all will be forgiven.
The History of Valentines Day
The festival occurs on the 14th February every year, also known as Saint Valentine’s Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine. Valentine’s Day is celebrated all around the world with loved ones exchanging gifts such as flowers and chocolates to show their affection to one another. The tradition of exchanging gifts came from the Victorian era when people used to exchange hand-written cards.
There are many rumoured origins of this festival of love, but a popular one is that it was named after Saint Valentine, a priest who is said to have performed secret marriages in third-century Rome. During this time Emperor Claudius II decided that single men made better soldiers, as wives and children were a distraction, so he outlawed marriage for young men. Valentine defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret and once discovered he was executed.
Beef and Pepper Vegan Bites/Balls with Tomato Sauce and Pappardelle Pasta
Treat your Valentine to our delicious vegan pasta and meatballs with a rich tomato sauce this Valentine’s Day, and have yourself a romantic ‘Lady and the Tramp’ moment in the comfort of your own home. Quick and simple to make but full of flavour, this recipe is ideal for vegans, vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. These scrumptious vegan meatballs taste just like the real thing, thanks to our combination of flavours, but they are a much healthier alternative. Tasty and healthy – what more could you ask for?
‘Meat’ ball recipe: Makes 6 x 30g balls
Soy-based vegan mince
Umami type Flavour
Natural Pepper Flavour
Arome Roast Beef Flavour
Vegetable Stock Type Flavour Powder
- Add the mince and salt to a bowl and mix it together.
- Add the wholemeal breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, and sugar and mix gently
- Add the pepper, umami, roast beef and vegetable stock flavours along with the salt enhancer and mix together until fully combined into the mince mixture.
- Form into 6 x 30g balls and fry on a medium heat for around 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with vegan pasta and top with the tomato sauce.
Cut some slices of rustic bread and top with a butter combined with our garlic puree and herbs. Place the buttered slices in the oven for a few minutes until the butter melts and the bread is gently toasted through.
Tomato Sauce Recipe: 350g, serves 2-3
This rich and delicious tomato sauce recipe can be made in minutes but tastes like you’ve made a lot of effort. Perfect with our vegan meatballs and pasta, this sauce can also be used in a wide range of different dishes!
Vegetable stock type flavour powder
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and fry gently for one minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock flavour powder, tomato puree, and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil and stir.
- Serve over the vegan meatballs.
Peanut Flour Cake and Ice Cream with Strawberry puree garnish, IQF Raspberries, and Nibbed Peanuts
This tasty dessert is sure to impress and delight your Valentine, especially if they have a bit of a sweet tooth. Made using peanut flour it has a lovely nutty flavour and is even gluten-free, ideal if you suffer from a gluten intolerance but still want to enjoy a home-baked cake. This cake is incredibly easy to make so you don’t need to be an expert baker and this recipe makes plenty for a romantic dessert for two, with leftovers!
Unsalted butter softened
Sugar (can be substituted with sweetener)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/385°F
- Grease either a medium pudding tin or a medium cake tin. (We used a brownie pan and it made 9 cakes).
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Add the peanut flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mix into your chosen dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes dependent on the size of your dish. Your cake should look firm and golden.
- Serve with ice cream, strawberry puree, raspberries and a sprinkle of nibbed peanuts. Enjoy!
Strawberry Daiquiri Mocktail
This Strawberry Daiquiri has been made without alcohol but still includes the classic ingredients for that same delicious taste. Ideal for those who don’t drink or don’t like the taste of alcohol but still want to enjoy a fruity cocktail. A classic Daiquiri is made with white rum, simple syrup, and lime juice, but many different versions are available.
Cloudy Lemon Juice Concentrate
Strawberry Juice Concentrate
Natural Strawberry Flavour
Natural Lime Flavour
Natural Lime Flavour
Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and shake well. Pour into a cocktail glass and serve.
Show that special someone you love them with Uren’s home-made Valentine’s meal recipes. The best part is they’re quick and simple to make so you won’t be slaving away in the kitchen all day, allowing you to spend some quality time with the one you love. These recipes are designed to be made at home but Uren has a new product development team that creates a wide range of innovative and delicious new recipes for application in the food and drink sectors. We can create bespoke recipes for our customer’s dependant on your wants and needs and can formulate recipes in line with all the major market trends including vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, non-alcoholic, health and natural food products. If you are looking to create a new range or product for Valentine’s Day, or any other trend, contact us today to find out more.